A Better Future for Today’s Families
September 6, 2013
Today, Sept. 6, Premier Darrell Dexter announced that the NDP platform for the next election has 7 commitments to help build a better future for today’s families.
“The last four years haven’t always been easy and the NDP has learned how to better meet the needs of Nova Scotia families,” said Dexter. “The last election was about change. The next election will be about the future.”
With an election coming soon the NDP wants families to know where they stand on important issues like jobs, health care, energy, education, seniors, and the HST.
“Nova Scotians have worked hard the last four years to get the province back to balance, keep ERs open, protect seniors and pave roads. By working together we’ve accomplished a lot, but there is still more to do and together we can.”
In the next election the NDP will campaign on 7 practical steps to build a better future for today’s families.
The NDP will:
- Deliver better health care where and when you need it.
- Fight for good jobs and stronger communities.
- Keep the HST off home energy and take it off more family essentials.
- Give our kids a better start by focusing on what matters most.
- Stand up for seniors by protecting and enhancing the services they need.
- Build the Maritime Link for green, local, tax-free energy.
- Keep the budget balanced to protect services for you and your family.
“The experience of the NDP allows Nova Scotians to see a platform that is fully costed and will keep the budget balanced so important program and services for families and seniors will be protected,” said the NDP leader.
Details of the new steps to achieve the NDP’s seven commitments will be released whenever the next election takes place. The annual cost of the entire platform is $34,350,000.