MLA, Queens - Shelburne
74 Water St. Liverpool, NS B0T 1K0
170 Water St. Shelburne, NS B0T 1W0
Liverpool MLA Office: 902-356-3073
Shelburne MLA Office: 902-265-3010
Liverpool Fax: 902-356-2164
Shelburne Fax: 902-265-3015
Before being elected as MLA for Shelburne in the 2006 Nova Scotia general election, Sterling Belliveau was a self-employed fisherman and was twice elected as Warden of the Municipality of Barrington. He has served on various boards and committees related to the fishery. In June of 2009, Sterling was sworn in as the Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture and Minister of Environment.
Sterling understands the desperate need for a rural strategy in Shelburne County that includes:
* addressing the health care issues like shortage of doctors and long waiting periods
* dealing with transportation issues like the fact that Highway 103 still needs to be finished and a developing a better paving and road maintenance program for rural communities
* removing of the HST on the essentials of life, like home heating costs
* providing a capital gains tax break and improved loan access for fishermen
* ensuring that the long term care access needs in Western Shelburne County are met.
Sterling is married to Luella Jean (Cameron). They have two children.